- Wear your retainers all day and all night, until you are instructed otherwise
- Remove retainers and store in the retainer case when eating or drinking anything besides water
- Never wrap your retainers in a napkin when eating; it is easy to accidentally throw them away
- Never put retainers in your pocket, they can get broken
- Keep retainers out of reach of dogs and other pets, they love to chew on the retainers and can even chew through the retainer case
- Clean your retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and warm water
- Never use hot water to clean retainers or leave them in a hot car, heat will distort them and they will no longer fit
- Remember: replacement retainers are costly and if retainers are not worn, your teeth will shift. If retainers become lost, bent, or broken contact our office as soon as possible.